Friday, October 15, 2010

Something to keep in mind

Note to self:

  1. If I am using voice recognition software to do my writing, and
  2. If I have a freshly-brewed cup of French roast coffee sitting next to me as I work, and 
  3. If a large black fly is pestering me, and
  4. If I wave my hand to shoo it away, thereby
  5. Tipping over the cup, and
  6. Dumping the steaming coffee over the desk, and 
  7. Into my lap, thereby
  8. Triggering a long and extensive series of unsavory expletives, which
  9. Continues for some time as the mess is cleaned up, and since
  10. The voice recognition software was still on, and
  11. Recorded the entire incident (with its own Puritanical assumptions about what I was yelling), then
  12. The resulting text is nearly amusing enough for me to laugh at the entire incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment